Douglas Shire Council is seeking a Coordinator Civil Operations.
The main requirement of this role is to provide support to the Manager Infrastructure in overseeing, developing and providing capital and maintenance services to the Shire's customers.
Key Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the establishment, maintenance, development and coordination of operational maintenance programs for civil infrastructure, fleet and stores.
- Supervise, lead, motivate and manage staff.
- Assist in the preparation of Civil Operational Maintenance budgets.
Essential Skills include;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Experience in the delivery of quality and timely road and drainage maintenance and construction services in a Local Government environment.
- Experience in financial control including the ability to prepare estimates and budgets.
- Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications for this position will close on Monday 18 February 2019 at 5pm.