Construction Supervisor | Barcaldine Regional Council
- Lead construction and maintenance work teams
- Develop your civil construction career in Central West QLD
- Competitive remuneration package and increased earning potential with overtime
Barcaldine Regional Council is seeking a Construction Supervisor to manage a pipeline of works projects. As the Construction Supervisor, you will oversee construction of community infrastructure and manage Council's day labour workforce and sub-contractors.
- Team leadership of day-to-day construction and operational management of works programs, including monitoring workflow.
- Lead and advocate compliant safety procedures.
- Maintain a strong customer focus aligned to organisational culture and service delivery strategies.
- Supervise traffic management, plant operation and maintenance.
- Lead team performance.
Qualifications, skill and attributes
- Previous recent experience supervising construction and/or maintenance works teams.
- Certificate III/IV in Civil Construction - highly regarded.
- Qld traffic controller license, or ability to gain.
- Qld MR driver's license.
- Experience and certificates to operate mechanical plant and equipment.
- Qld Construction Safety induction card (White card).
- Well-developed communication skills.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your civil construction career. Excellent overtime available, subsidised housing and relocation assistance will be considered.
Living and working in the Region
The Barcaldine region, in Central West Queensland, is home to five towns - Alpha, Jericho, Barcaldine, Aramac and Muttaburra - each with a unique charm. The rich heritage, indigenous culture, natural landscapes, variety of fauna and flora, lakes and rivers, arts, events and regular festivals ensure there is something for everyone to enjoy an active and social lifestyle.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 August 2021.