Sunshine Coast Council | Caloundra Qld
- Deliver a wide range of civil infrastructure projects
- Be part of building Australia's most sustainable region
- Join an award-winning project management team
Sunshine Coast Council is seeking a Construction Engineer to join their expanding and award-winning team delivering a wide variety of infrastructure projects that will shape the future of the Sunshine Coast region.
The Construction Engineer will deliver a wide variety of large-scale capital works projects including transport upgrades, expanding the Nambour Landfill, and coastal engineering projects.
- Project management of construction teams in the delivery of civil projects.
- Liaise with supervisors and field leaders to ensure efficient allocation of labour and plant resources.
- Demonstrate leadership in employee development, workplace health and safety, risk management, continuous improvement and quality systems.
- Ensure compliance with all Council standards and quality management for construction of infrastructure assets.
Qualifications, skills, and attributes
- Experience in the delivery of civil construction works with demonstrated ability to lead work crews and contractors.
- Proven ability to manage construction projects using well developed and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of WH&S and Environmental legislation, Advisory Standards and Industry Codes of Practice.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering.
The Sunshine Coast Council is an organisation that values its people and local communities. Council's vision is to be Australia's most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative. The Council is at the forefront of delivering a number of game-changer projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 October 2021.