Construction and Maintenance Supervisor Roads - Balonne Shire Council
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Construction and Maintenance Supervisor Roads is a key role within the Council's Infrastructure Services team and is responsible for supervising the construction and maintenance of Council's road and street works (including drainage) by Council's day labour workforce and sub-contractors. You will manage your work group with a focus on safety, operational compliance and work quality.
This is an ideal opportunity to grow and develop your career within a local government organisation that takes great pride in providing quality services to the local region. It is preferable that the successful applicant lives in the local community.
You will have significant experience in a similar role within Local Government (or a related entity) and possess the supervisory experience to work with and manage a medium sized work group in delivering maintenance and capital works programs throughout the local region.
Key Duties and Opportunities
- Become an integral member of the Balonne Shire Council work force in a supervisory role.
- Ability to advance your career within a respected organisation.
- Assist in planning, managing and providing leadership, including coordination of operations and performance.
- Project management.
- Planning and prioritising work.
- Gaining an understanding of budgets.
- Ability to multi task - varied and different projects.
- Continue to develop a strong safety culture.
- Working a 19-day month.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role is essential;
- Qualifications relevant to the role - very desirable (Cert IV Civil Construction);
- A good understanding of Asset Management processes (very desirable);
- Demonstrated experience in leading a positive safety culture
- Project management;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- High level of customer service and communication skills;
- Competency in Microsoft office applications;
- Previous experience utilising Asset Edge’s - Reflect Inspection and Maintenance Management System (or similar) very desirable.
- C Class open, manual driver's license; and
- Construction Industry Safety induction (White card).
The Balonne Shire has a population of 4500 and serves the communities of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi, and Hebel. This position is based in St George, located five hours' drive west of Brisbane.
Council is offering professional stimulation, growth and opportunity, and an industry competitive remuneration package that includes the use of a fully maintained vehicle for commuter use, in addition to significant salary sacrificing and regional location benefits.
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
The application period for this role closes on Monday 16th September 2019 at 5pm.