North Burnett Region - Naturally Beautiful - Why would you live and work anywhere else?
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a new Community Engagement Manager.
This is a great opportunity for a developing and or experienced Community Engagement leader to be involved in a progressive, proactive and innovation-focused region with a focus on all facets of community engagement.
In this position you will lead a multi-faceted work group and continue to develop their expertise across all areas of the portfolio, while bringing innovation, leadership and a continued customer focus to the role.
This is a four-year executive contract position.
- Managing a highly committed team in their development and innovation;
- Take a planned approach to your work that is results driven;
- Be committed to the use of systems and customer service strategies to enhance the customer service experience;
- Build networks across State and Federal Governments and presenting future opportunities for the region; and
- Project manage speciality projects and coach and lead others towards project completions and positive outcomes.
Required Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Minimum five-years demonstrated leadership experience in a similar role - relevant to a local government / public sector environment;
- High level communication, consultative, interpersonal and negotiating skills (both oral and written), with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders at strategic and operational levels;
- High level of computer-based systems skills, including business related application software;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-faceted Section;
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position - essential;
- Other post graduate qualifications in management - desirable; and
- C Class driver's licence.
This is a unique opportunity where you will be supported and developed in your role, within an organisation that values it's staff and has a commitment to developing the local region. Council is offering a very competitive remuneration package that includes personal development funding, a fully maintained vehicle in addition to other regional allowances.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 17th December 2018.