North Burnett Region - Naturally Beautiful - Why would you live and work anywhere else?
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a new Community Development Officer.
This is a great opportunity for a developing and or experienced Community Development Officer to be involved in a progressive, proactive and innovation-focused region to focus on all facets of community development with the added bonus of working a 9-day fortnight.
- Stakeholder engagement - internal and external.
- Taking a targeted approach to projects.
- Promote community development, programs, services, initiatives and facilities throughout the region.
- Build the capacity of groups, service providers, organisations and individuals to achieve their goals.
- Develop and acquit funding submissions.
Required Experience and Required Qualifications
- Experience in a related role.
- High level of project management / event management skills required.
- High level communication, consultative, interpersonal and negotiating skills (both oral and written), with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders at strategic and operational levels.
- High level of computer-based systems skills, including business related application software.
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position - highly regarded.
- Unrestricted drivers' licence - 'C' class is essential.
- Positive Notice Blue Card or ability to acquire immediately.
For a confidential discussion please call Leading Roles' Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 15th July 2019.