Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Using the Recruitment Application Form
Work with community groups to develop and promote Sport and Recreation initiatives in the Douglas Shire.
Essential Skills and experience include:
- Degree or relevant experience in Sport and Recreation, community engagement, Community Development or economic development.
- Advanced communications skills to effectively work with a diverse range of stakeholders to develop actions, initiatives and strategies that enhance the recreational opportunities in the region.
- High level understanding of the needs of Sport and Recreation in a local community.
- Previous experience identifying issues and needs in a community and developing strategies.
- Previous experience in a community engagement position including conflict resolution.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
Applications for this position will close on Monday 29 April 2019 at 5pm.