Civil Works Manager | North Burnett Regional Council | Mundubbera, Qld
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
In this position you will lead the delivery of well-constructed and maintained infrastructure, such as roads, drainage structures, parks and open spaces, aerodromes and fleet to the required engineering standards.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Civil Works Manager to further develop their career in an organisation that has a strong focus on continuous improvement in the services they are providing to the local region.
Benefits of the Role;
- This is your opportunity to take the next step in your leadership career
- Develop your career in a progressive and supportive working environment.
- Very competitive remuneration package that includes full private use of a vehicle
- Have the ability to bring innovation and strong leadership to a diverse work group
- Bring a strong leadership style in managing the broader workforce
- Maintaining a high level of discipline in project management and controls for infrastructure projects
- Close management of budgets
- Lead a strong and compliant safety culture
- Fleet maintenance and procurement
- Manage asset management plans
- Confident and professional stakeholder engagement with internal and external individuals and groups
Required Experience and Qualifications;
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- You will have experience of successfully and productively managing a diverse workforce in the delivery of infrastructure maintenance and construction programs
- Sound knowledge of financial, governance and risk management in a works management context
- Demonstrated project management experience, qualifications will be well regarded
- Current unrestricted "C" Class drivers' licence
Working and living in the Region
As a local government in a large regional area, North Burnett covers 19,708 square kilometres, Council offers an exciting lifestyle and challenging career opportunities. Surrounded by natural beauty, the North Burnett region offers a relaxed and rural lifestyle with low cost of living and easy access to essential services.
North Burnett Regional Council is constantly looking for ways to improve, innovation and ideas are welcomed. Council understands that its continued success depends on hard-working, talented and innovative individuals, who want to make a difference in an organisation and in their careers.
Situated in the north-western corner of the thriving Wide Bay Burnett Region, the North Burnett is well-known for its strengths in agriculture, specifically fruit production and livestock production and also its, timber industry, manufacturing, mining, and food and beverage processing.
The North Burnett is located in the northern catchment of the Burnett River and is approximately four hours drive north of Brisbane and one hour west of Bundaberg. The region encompasses six main townships - Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto, Mt Perry and Mundubbera which service around twenty-five villages and farming catchments. The region boasts rugged landscapes, healthy waterways, historical trails and sites, a window into the workings of rural communities and wonderful friendly people.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 3rd February 2020