North Burnett Region - Naturally Beautiful - Why would you live and work anywhere else?
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a new Civil Works Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Works Manager to further develop their career in an organisation that has a strong focus on continuous improvement in the services they are providing to the local region.
In this position you will lead the delivery of well-constructed and maintained infrastructure, such as roads, drainage structures, parks and open spaces, aerodromes and fleet to the required engineering standards. Your strong leadership capabilities and well-planned approach will see you develop under a management team that will support you in achieving optimum work outputs for yourself and the broader work group.
- Lead, develop and drive a positive workforce culture
- Instilling a strong safety culture within the workforce
- Process improvement and innovation
- Project management
- Fleet management
- Lead the implementation of the operational plan, budgets, policies and projects that fall within the Section's responsibility
- Strategic management
- Stakeholder engagement with external organisations
- Bring a solutions-based approach to your work and strategies
Required Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Minimum five-years demonstrated experience in a similar role - relevant to a local government or public sector environment;
- High level project management skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering - or equivalent
- RPEQ - desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-faceted Section;
- Sound knowledge of financial, governance and risk management
- C Class unrestricted driver's licence.
This role will allow you to grow your capabilities and create a legacy within the local region and provides excellent opportunities to advance your career. Council is offering a very competitive remuneration package that includes personal development funding, a fully maintained vehicle in addition to other regional allowances.
As a local government in a large regional area, Council offers exciting lifestyle and challenging career opportunities. Surrounded by natural beauty, the North Burnett region offers a relaxed and rural lifestyle with low cost of living and easy access to essential services. Geographically advantaged, the region is within easy driving times to the cities of Brisbane, Rockhampton, Hervey Bay and Bundaberg.
Council services six diverse towns, Biggenden, Mount Perry, Gayndah, Mundubbera, Eidsvold and Monto, with offices and depots in all of these locations.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. Please contact Leading Roles' Rob Maxwell for a confidential discussion on 0407 164 600.
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 18th March 2019.