Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a Civil Engineer to join the Infrastructure Planning and Design team. This is an ideal role for a tertiary qualified Civil Engineer to expand their skills and knowledge within an organisation that values and develops its staff while providing excellent services to the local community.
Working within a cohesive team environment, the Civil Engineer will provide support and technical advice regarding roads and drainage projects and investigations for Council's Infrastructure Planning & Design business unit as well as other relevant departments.
Your excellent communication skills will be essential to your success, while being a team player that contributes to broader team's outcomes.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of technical reports and priorities for project creation of new infrastructure as well as the rehabilitation of damaged/aged road and storm water drainage infrastructure;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to enable a satisfactory outcome for Service Requests as raised, and to provide timely completion of Service Requests;
- Represent the Council positively at relevant program-related external meetings and forums as required;
- Conduct inspections on a routine and specific basis to evaluate the condition of Council infrastructure including problem identification/planning and exercise of judgment; and
- Compile specific reports as a consequence of such inspections as required.
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- High level of skill in planning and estimating for road and drainage projects as well as asset rehabilitation works;
- At least 1-3 years post graduate experience in a Civil Engineering work environment;
- Working knowledge of relevant standards, specifications and codes of practice;
- Working knowledge of project management systems and software relevant to industry or the ability to acquire this technical knowledge;
- Working knowledge (or ability to acquire) of relevant federal, state and local legislation and Council policies;
- Substantial communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and key stakeholders; and
- Substantial skill in coordinating and managing infrastructure projects and providing training and direction to technical staff on drainage design practices and procedures.
Qualifications / Licenses required for this role:
- Degree qualified - Bachelor of Engineering, majoring in Civil and/or extensive experience in civil engineering preferably within a Local Government environment;
- Qld manual driver's license; and
- Construction industry safety Card (White Card).
- 9-day fortnight (working a compressed week).
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Ability to develop and grow within a progressive and supportive team environment.
- Opportunity to gain a thorough working knowledge of Local Government operations and practices.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Council offers excellent working conditions, including 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
The closing date for applications is Monday 8 October 2018 at 5pm.