Civil Engineer - Road Assets
Bundaberg Regional Council | Bundaberg, Qld
Provide technical advice in management of council-controlled roads, drainage and associated infrastructure in the Bundaberg region.
The Civil Engineer - Road Assets is a key position within Bundaberg Regional Council's infrastructure department. The focus is to ensure the region's roads, drainage and associated infrastructure are managed to ensure the whole of life costs are minimised. The current and future rehabilitation works programs are adequately funded, allowing the incumbent to have an immediate positive impact on the region's infrastructure.
- Work closely with council's team of Technical Officers, providing support and technical advice to customer generated enquiries.
- Provide technical advice on council-controlled roads and associated stormwater drainage assets.
- Identify and investigate road safety issues and undertake speed limit reviews.
- Assist in the development of resurfacing and pavement rehabilitation programs in accordance with council asset management principles.
- Assist in the development of a bridge and culvert rehabilitation program.
Personal attributes and qualifications required:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) and comparable experience in a similar role.
- Registered professional Engineer of Qld (RPEQ) or the ability to gain certification in the short term.
- ability to provide technical advice on sealed and unsealed roads.
- High level knowledge of roads and drainage maintenance, rehabilitation and construction techniques and practices.
- Sound knowledge of Policies and Procedures as they apply to road assets.
- High level knowledge of the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Experience in investigative roads and drainage matters.
- Be a team-oriented individual who values working collaboratively with others.
- A customer service focus with effective communication skills.
Council is offering an attractive remuneration package, including 12% superannuation. This role allows for excellent work life balance while living in an amazing location at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef, with unlimited opportunities for outdoor recreational pursuits.
How to apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1st February 2021.