Civil Designer - South East Queensland
- Support planning, design and delivery of infrastructure projects
- Professional and multi-disciplinary team
- 6-month contract, possible extension
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced Civil Designer to investigate and scope designs for civil infrastructure of roads, stormwater, culverts, kerb and channel, footpaths and earthworks. As the Civil Designer, you will also liaise with a range of stakeholders and manage design consultants in the delivery of externally prepared designs.
Project management experience in brownfield and rural environments is desirable, however not mandatory. This is a 6-month contract opportunity with possible extension.
- Develop comprehensive designs of municipal works for transport and stormwater drainage systems
- Prepare preliminary proposals and designs for cost estimates of infrastructure projects
- Provide technical advice and guidance on civil engineering works
- Coordinate field investigations, inspections and engineering surveys.
Experience and essential skills
- Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent and two years minimum experience in similar role
- 30215 Queensland General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) Card
- Proficient in using Autodesk Suite, including Autocad and Civil Site Design
- Ability to produce detailed cost estimates and reports for civil engineering projects
- Sound understanding of road and drainage design, and technical guidelines for MUTCD, QUDM, Austroads Manuals and IPWEA standards
- Extensive experience of infrastructure planning and design projects in a local government or comparable organisation will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.