Civil Designer | Hinchinbrook Shire Council | North Queensland
- Provide design solutions across a diverse range of infrastructure projects
- Work with a professional and innovative team
- Live and work in a region that offers excellent work / life balance
The Civil Designer will provide technical design solutions to a range of municipal infrastructure works projects, including roads, footpaths, kerb and channel, traffic management, urban and rural drainage.
Hinchinbrook Shire Council is flexible in considering a developing Designer or recent Cadet Designer or an experienced Civil Designer who is looking to further develop their career and capabilities and be supported to move into a leadership role in the future.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Grow your career and capabilities in a supportive team environment.
- Work across a broad range of infrastructure projects.
- Play a key role in the future development of the Hinchinbrook region.
- Work in an environment that welcomes innovation in the delivery of infrastructure projects and services.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Experience in the design of civil works, including roads, traffic, drainage and general municipal works.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of software packages such as 12D, Civil 3D, advanced road design packages, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Civil Engineering qualification (Degree or Advanced Diploma) or equivalent with demonstrated experience and competence in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of civil design guidelines, standards, acts and legislation.
Make this role your own, develop your career and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move and want to work with a great team - apply now!
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 4 April 2022.