Chief Procurement Officer | City of Gold Coast
- Gold Coast - Inspired by Lifestyle. Driven by Opportunity
- C-level procurement leadership role in second-largest local government in Australia
- Outstanding opportunity to lead and influence $2.5B procurement expenditure
The City of Gold Coast is creating a modern, globally connected city in one of the fastest-growing regions in Australia.
The City manages approximately 1,100 contracts which total $2.5Bn in value with an annual value of $700M, and is now seeking an outstanding Chief Procurement Officer to provide executive leadership of the organisation's procurement functions.
Reporting to the Director Organisational Services the CPO is responsible for achieving greater business value, lower risk and quality outcomes through the leadership of the council's Contracts and Procurement branch.
The CPO will deliver a significant transformational agenda, delivering a new contract management framework for the City whilst ensuring that current key strategic procurement activities and supply chain risks are effectively managed.
- Develop and deliver the procurement strategy, supply chain action plan and source-to-contract framework
- Innovate to improve performance, sustainable outcomes and internal customer experience
- Partner with the business as the council's foremost procurement expert
- Inspire the direction and purpose of a high performing team.
The council is seeking a procurement leader who will offer deep technical experience and consistent, high-quality leadership within the branch and the broader organisation. This role has a broad remit and impacts all areas of the council.
As the CPO you will join the organisation at a pivotal moment - the Gold Coast will co-host the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2032, and the CPO will be a key leader supporting the council's substantial investments in infrastructure, services, its economy and its community.
Please download the Executive Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application. Applications close 5pm Friday 4 March 2022.