The City of Gold Coast is creating a modern, globally connected city in one of the fastest-growing regions in Australia.
- Gold Coast - Inspired by Lifestyle. Driven by Opportunity
- C-level procurement leadership role in second-largest local government in Australia
- Outstanding opportunity to lead and influence $2.5B procurement expenditure
The City manages approximately 1,100 contracts which total $2.5Bn in value with an annual value of $700M, and is now seeking an outstanding Chief Procurement Officer to provide executive leadership of the organisation's procurement functions.
Reporting to the Director Organisational Services the CPO is responsible for achieving greater business value, lower risk and quality outcomes through the leadership of the council's Contracts and Procurement branch.
The CPO will deliver a significant transformational agenda, delivering a new contract management framework for the City whilst ensuring that current key strategic procurement activities and supply chain risks are effectively managed.
- Develop and deliver the procurement strategy, supply chain action plan and source-to-contract framework
- Contracts management and administration, driving value and managing organisational risk
- Innovate to improve performance, sustainable outcomes and internal customer experience
- Partner with the business as the council's foremost procurement expert
- Inspire the direction and purpose of a high performing team
The council is seeking a procurement leader who will offer deep technical experience and consistent, high-quality leadership within the branch and the broader organisation. This role has a broad remit and impacts all areas of the council.
As the CPO you will join the organisation at a pivotal moment - in the lead up to the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2032, the CPO will be a key leader supporting the council's substantial investments in infrastructure, services, its economy and its community.
Please download the or contact Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412 or for a confidential discussion about this role. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 4 March 2022.