Chief Financial Officer | City of Gold Coast
- Gold Coast - Inspired by Lifestyle. Driven by Opportunity
- Lead the financial strategy of Australia's second-largest local government
- Achieve Council's vision for a sustainable, modern, globally connected city
The City of Gold Coast is creating a modern, globally connected city in one of the fastest-growing regions in Australia. The City is seeking an astute and highly experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to provide strategic leadership and expert financial advice to the Elected Members, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Leadership Team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the CFO leads the City of Gold Coast's Corporate Finance team within the City Administration and Governance Directorate. The CFO leads a team of approximately 50 staff and oversees an annual budget approaching $2 billion with $21 billion of assets under management and $180 million annual asset renewal costs.
The position has very broad responsibilities that span:
- the development and implementation of financial strategy which sustainably achieves the vision of the Council;
- a very high level of focus on the planning and performance of the business of the Council; and
- the engagement of the broader organisation in the principles of value for money and sound financial management in the public interest.
The new CFO will consider all opportunities for financial performance improvement, which may include advice on organisational structure, service and service level reviews, application of technology including Artificial Intelligence and new revenue opportunities.
Confidence, credibility, a collaborative mindset, and very strong negotiation and influencing skills will be essential for success.
Please download the Executive Information Package to view the details of the role before submitting your application. Applications close 5pm Monday 4th April 2022.