Chief Financial Officer | Cook Shire Council
Cooktown, Far North Queensland
- Lead Cook Shire Council's strategic financial direction
- Build organisational performance in financial management and future planning
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring to the finance team
Cook Shire Council is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to lead Council's financial strategy and operational performance and build financial sustainability. With a key focus on long term financial planning, the CFO will offer expertise to the organisation and lead a high-performing finance team to enhance organisational capability.
Reporting to the Director Organisational Business Services, the CFO will provide timely advice on financial matters to the Executive Leadership team and Council to support the effective delivery of Council programs and services.
- Develop a financial strategy aimed at improving Council's overall long term financial position.
- Develop and monitor control systems to ensure compliance with statutory, best practice and reporting requirements that also facilitate long term financial planning.
- Establish and lead a high-performance team to deliver innovative services and business improvements across all areas of financial management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or Business and membership of a recognised accounting body (CPA or CA)
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply relevant Federal and State Government legislation, particularly in the areas of financial management in Local Government.
- Strong skills and expertise in financial management and reporting and accounting standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to join a dynamic team and future-focused council that supports professional development opportunities and career growth.
Far North Queensland is ideal for those seeking a lifestyle change. Live the dream with 4WD adventure, camping and fishing or just enjoy the ambience of living in a remote and stunning location. Cook Shire offers a sense of freedom to explore the great outdoors from ancient rock art galleries to cascading waterfalls, remote beaches and the magnificent Great Barrier Reef.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack or contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications close 5pm Monday 8 March 2021.