Hinchinbrook Shire Council has a career defining opportunity for a skilled local government professional to shape the future of this progressive organisation. A dynamic and ambitious leader, you will focus on execution and delivery to transform Council for sustainability, growth and service delivery.
Apply your talent in change management to shift the organisation forward, creating a culture of enthusiasm and optimism across Council and bringing positive results for the whole community.
The CEO will take their vision from the elected member team, execute and deliver the strategy while leading performance and service improvement across the organisation.
Your priorities will include taking control of the organisation, conducting a thorough analysis and preparing a change management plan to shift the organisation to a culture of service delivery, innovation and sustainability. You will create and implement the strategy, policies and procedures for effective corporate governance with a performance and outcomes focus.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leadership and decision making, including driving the professional development and performance outcomes of the team.
- Overseeing project and program activities of Council to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
- Be a champion of change, creating a culture of continuous improvement, strong governance, measured performance and customer service.
- Facilitate economic development with strategic review and implementation of sound business practices for Council.
- Be strategic, strong and capable with the ability to execute, action and deliver on strategies moving the organisation forward.
- Provide specialist advice to the elected members.
- Build the capability and performance of the ELT as a unified team.
Experience in executive leadership and decision making in local government is essential, as is a working history that demonstrates your ability to foster an environment of organisational performance, customer service and collaboration. Tertiary qualifications relevant to this position are required.
Council employs approximately 215 FTE staff and has an annual budget for 2017 / 2018 of around $28.6M, including capital expenditure of around $8M.
The Hinchinbrook Shire Council, based at Ingham, services a community of around 11,000 and is just over an hour north of Townsville in Queensland's tropical north. The major industries in the area include sugar production and tourism, with visitors enjoying the area's stunning rainforest, coastal and coral reef environments.
Council is an equal opportunity employer with a highly skilled workforce that delivers a range of services and programs for the community.
The Council is offering an excellent executive remuneration package, reflecting the significance of this role to the organisation and the future of the Hinchinbrook community.
Please click on the link below to download the Information Pack or for a confidential discussion contact Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412.
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 2nd July 2018.