Chief Executive Officer | MITEZ Inc | Mount Isa
- Lead organisational strategy, targeting sustainability and performance.
- Promote sustainable growth and development in the region.
- Identify additional funding streams and foster new memberships.
The Mount Isa to Townsville Economic Development Zone (MITEZ) is seeking a skilled and experienced Chief Executive Officer to provide transformative organisational leadership and drive economic development opportunities for the communities of the MITEZ region.
The CEO will build key relationships to enhance economic development and deliver community-focused opportunities for the region MITEZ serves.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes Sought
- Experience in economic development, commercial engagement, business development and regional representation.
- Strategic and operational planning and previous experience working with a board of directors.
- Excellent commercial stakeholder engagement skills and a personable, engaging communication style.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and a 'connector/facilitator' mindset.
- Experience in leadership of membership-based organisations will be highly regarded.
MITEZ is the peak regional development organisation for an area encompassing seven local government areas - Mount Isa, Cloncurry, McKinlay, Richmond, Flinders, Charters Towers and Townsville.
Covering a total land area of 271,732 square kilometres, the region is home to approximately 230,000 persons and is a vital transport corridor connecting the region via road, rail, air and sea, to the rest of Queensland, Australia and the world.
Please download the detailed Briefing Pack or to apply for this role by clicking Apply Now.
Contact Gemma Sheridan, Talent Consultant on 0407 009 243 or Mark Ogston, Principal on 0407 674 412 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 23 November 2020.