Chief Executive Officer | Mackay Regional Council | Mackay
- Inspire and lead service delivery, economic growth and community development.
- Achieve organisational excellence through application of commercial discipline.
- Lead the delivery of region-shaping projects.
The Council's vision is to continue to diversify the region's economy by attracting new industries and to create sustainable and thriving communities. Their goal is to place Mackay as a globally recognised city and the place to live and invest in regional Australia.
Leading Roles is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Chief Executive Officer to lead this diverse business, deliver on the Council's vision, and meet the community expectations of a modern local government.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes Sought:
- Experience and excellence in executive leadership of a complex services enterprise with similar size, scope and challenges.
- The skills and experience to translate the vision of a council or board into the strategy, operating framework and sustainably managed resources that deliver outstanding services and infrastructure to the communities of the Mackay Region.
- Capability and experience to identify and lead the delivery of high profile and high impact projects and services that foster and stimulate the development of the community and economy of the region.
- The ability to professionally, personably and effectively operate across a broad spectrum of challenges and opportunities, from highly strategic engagement to grassroots stakeholder management.
The Mayor is most keen to work with a CEO who sees this role as a real opportunity, who has the confidence in themselves and the experience to create a high functioning local government organisation.
Located on the Central Queensland coast, Mackay has a vibrant economy, idyllic lifestyle and excellent health, educational and recreational facilities. As one of the most accessible regional destinations by air, road or rail, Mackay is a fast-emerging tourism hotspot renowned for its spectacular beaches, national parks and conservation areas and Australia's longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest. In addition to its thriving mining industry, Mackay is one of Australia's largest sugarcane farming regions offering excellent opportunities in agritourism.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 6th July 2020.