Chief Executive Officer | Tablelands Regional Council
- Collaboratively develop a vision and mission for the organisation
- Develop and implement a customer-oriented business planning and reporting framework
- Create a culture of achievement, customer service, accountability and commitment
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a proven local government leader as its next CEO. The new CEO must demonstrate expertise in the business of local government and develop an organisation that's fit-for-purpose, accountable, efficient and values-based. You will be a CEO who builds a strong alignment with the council's elected members and develops the council's reputation and profile in the community.
Opportunities and challenges
- Inspiring the vision and mission for the organisation in collaboration with the elected member group
- Developing and implementing a lean, customer focused planning and reporting framework
- Creating an organisation that is oriented toward achievement, customer service, and engagement in the mission and values of the council.
The region is dynamic, driven by a very strong and diverse agri-business sector and emerging tourism and health and medical services sectors. In addition, the Council is seeking to further diversify the region's economy to create new jobs and support small business. The Tablelands Regional Council is front-and-centre of this process and the CEO will bring candour, rigour and expertise to the region's economic development opportunities.
Known for its biodiversity and natural beauty, the Tablelands provides an ideal backdrop for achieving the right work/life balance. With its main office based in Atherton, the region has a population of 25,000 people. The closest city is Cairns and its international airport is less than 90 minutes away.
Download the Executive Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 17 May 2021.