Chief Executive Officer | Mount Isa City Council
- Lead an organisation-wide change program.
- Build and develop your team, focusing on systems, performance and outcomes.
- Challenge the scope of your local government leadership skills
The Mayor and Council of the Mount Isa City Council are seeking a highly experienced local government change leader as their next Chief Executive Officer.
The new CEO will lead an extensive reinvigoration program, which will include embedding a new structure and management team, and developing staff, culture and systems. The goal is to achieve outstanding organisational performance and sustainability and deliver on council's vision of "Making our good city great, through innovation, diversification and cultural enhancement."
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Strategic and operational leadership of a complex local government enterprise with similar size, scope and challenges.
- Skills and experience to lead the council's elected members and staff through a period of transformational change.
- Professional skillset with a specific focus on organisational change management, human resources management, finance, governance and risk management.
- Developing and delivering a shared vision through a structured, measurable program of organisational leadership.
Councillor Danielle Slade was elected as the Mayor of Mount Isa City Council in March 2020. As Mayor, she is highly engaged and focused on organisational performance, transparency and customer service. Cr Slade will welcome an experienced CEO to stabilise the organisation, and support the development of the policy and advocacy platform to promote and enhance the Mount Isa region.
Covering an area of 43,314 square kilometres, Mount Isa City Council has an annual budget of $70M, a team of 250 staff and a community of 22,000 people. Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 30 November 2020.