Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking two Business Systems Officers.
Provide support to Council's service delivery by managing the lifecycle of business systems, business relationships and business processes. Provide expert analysis and technical advice to relevant business areas.
Harness your excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to create a strong, visible presence for the IT business unit and gain buy in from internal stakeholders across the organisation.
Opportunities and Challenges
Drawing on your experience you will be managing the lifecycle of council business systems, providing advanced business systems support, project managing continuous improvement programs and assist with implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for Council, while having a keen interface with internal stakeholders.
A comfortable communicator at all levels, building internal customer relations for the IT business unit will be a priority as well as training on a one-on-one basis.
- Project management of small-medium sized projects
- Business Process Reviews
- Technical and Business report writing
- Supporting and ensuring maximum utilisation of systems
Essential skills and experience for the role
- Worked in a similar role previously or shows the ability to develop into role in a relatively short time frame (3 - 6 Months)
- Demonstrated experience in business and systems analysis, problem resolution and support call management, project/change management, business process design and support and vendor management processes
- Demonstrated commitment to applying the principles and practices of excellent customer service to internal clients.
- A team player that works collaboratively and supports others
- Demonstrated experience in Business process mapping, SQL script writing, Visual studio, Formal report writing ability
- Well-developed skills in the use of software and tools for corporate systems support. This includes SQL, creation of reports using industry-standard application-based reporting programs, data extract/import scripting.
- SSRS or Power BI reporting would be very desirable
- Data warehousing experience will be viewed very favourably
Desirable skills and experience
- TechnologyOne exposure/experience - highly desirable
- Previous experience within a Local Government environment
Qualifications / Licenses
- Possession of a tertiary qualification in an IT related or business-related discipline or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and experience in business and systems analysis.
- C Class driver's licence
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 10th December 2018.