- Apply your technical & theoretical BA skills
- Performance focused Council, integrity a priority
- Responsible for improving Council's service delivery to the community
An exciting career opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for a Business Analyst, a newly created role as part of the CiA upgrade project.
This role is being offered as an 18-month fixed term contract
The role will suit an ambitious practitioner, skilled in Business Analysis methodologies and comfortable in an environment of change. Your excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills will be essential in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
Council is participating in an early adopter program with Technology One to upgrade the Property and Rating (P&R) system containing several essential modules including customer request management, from a client-based approach (Connected Intelligence (Ci)) to a web-based approach (CI Anywhere (CiA)).
The objective of this position is to contribute to the successful upgrade of Councils Technology One P&R system. A key member of the project team you will engage with the business to:
- Document and review current business as usual processes.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Identify touch points with technology systems to determine priorities and solutions that work within the project schedule.
Opportunities and Challenges
In the short term you will work with the Business Improvement Officer to understand where Council is in the project timeline, investigate and advise on process touch points for project upgrade and integrate yourself into the business processes to date.
Longer term goals include becoming entrenched in the CiA project as well as driving analysis and improvement of Council's customer service, focus & experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate workshops to capture, document and review existing business processes.
- Determine touch points with technology systems.
- Lead, facilitate and recommend business process redesign to deliver performance improvements on new and existing business processes and procedures.
- Consult with the business stakeholders to identify short term and long-term business requirements and provide expert advice to improve solutions for service delivery, quality and/or efficiency.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations for changes to touch points with technology systems as part of the P&R Upgrade Project.
- Create, edit and review workflow components within Council's Technology One technology systems.
- Report and escalate issues and concerns to management as needed to minimise potential impact to the success of the project.
- Actively engage, negotiate, and communicate with business process stakeholders.
- Other duties as required by the Property & Rating CiA Upgrade Project Implementation Manager, and Manager Information Services.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced business process investigation and analysis skills.
- Business process mapping.
- Highly developed analytical research, investigation and report writing skills.
- High level ability to operate computer software including the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, when liaising with stakeholders and staff.
- Advanced knowledge in the implementation of technology and change based projects.
- Presentation skills including public speaking.
- Risk Management skills.
- Well-developed problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a close, tightly integrated team environment with a focus on quality customer service, customer expectations management, team work, and customer satisfaction.
- Substantial computer literacy and understanding of ERP systems and their direct relationship to business processes.
- Qualifications in the Information Technology or Business Administration fields (Degree, Certificate, MCP, MCSE, ITIL, or similar.) OR significant proven experience in either of these fields, will be highly regarded
- C Class Qld Drivers licence.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Council offers excellent working conditions, including 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click on the link below for an Information Pack or for a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243
Applications will close on Monday 18th June 2018 at 5pm.