Assistant Accountant - South East Queensland
- Prepare monthly reports, reconciliations and acquittals
- Support the financial services team
- 3-month contract opportunity, with possible extension
Leading Roles is seeking a system-savvy Assistant Accountant for our local government client in South East Queensland. As the Assistant Accountant, you will support the Accounting Services Coordinator with a range of financial activities including day-to-day accounting and month-end reporting. This is a 3-month contact, with possible extension.
- Prepare and complete end-of-month reports for bank reconciliations, statistical returns, acquittals and journals
- Assist with the monitoring of expenditure against budgets
- Monitor and reconcile suspense and clearing accounts and take corrective action as necessary
- Maintain and reconcile trust account
Essential skills and experience:
- Formal qualifications in accounting or similar discipline or Year 12 Senior Certificate and studying towards a degree in finance/accounting will be highly regarded
- Experience in, or knowledge of, accounting and financial management
- Advanced Excel and Word skills and the ability to adapt to other computer applications
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
If you're keen to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for.
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.