Asset Management & GIS Coordinator | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Use GPS equipment and ArcGIS to collate data
- Develop and update asset management plans
- Career growth opportunities
Take the next step in your Asset Management and GIS career
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a proactive Asset Management and GIS Coordinator to collate asset data and assist the Infrastructure Services department with reporting and analysis. As the Asset Management and GIS Coordinator you will capture data, develop and update asset management plans and update asset registers to ensure that information and maps are current and accurate.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Finalise council's administrative data changeover from MapInfo to ARCGIS
- Identify opportunities for asset data system improvements
- Work with a cohesive and engaged infrastructure team as well as independently
- Career growth with opportunities to advance within the organisation
- Option to work a 19-day month.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience coordinating GIS and Asset Management Systems
- Experience in a similar role within Local Government or related entity
- Knowledge and experience in ESRI (ARCGIS) professional and online
- Initiative and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Collaborative approach and highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant and friendly community.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 4 October 2021.