Asset Management Accountant | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
A terrific role for an Asset Management Accountant who has drive, commitment and financial acumen!
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
We are seeking an Asset Management Accountant to lead improvements in Balonne Shire Council's asset management system and ensure financial sustainability, asset performance and legislative compliance.
Your key focus will be to develop, improve and maintain the accounting systems and ensure accurate reporting of financial information in relation to assets. This is a challenging and rewarding role that will drive community satisfaction and business improvements within a dynamic financial environment.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of financial internal control processes.
- Implement financial processes that comply with all reporting standards.
- Assist with long term planning, financial modelling, budgeting, project accounting and financial reporting of capital projects and assets, including whole of life costing of Council owned assets.
- Maintain the fixed asset system and leasing schedules.
- Prepare the annual general purpose financial statements.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or related field.
- Extensive knowledge in asset financial accounting, accounting standards, statutory reporting requirements and audit compliance.
- Highly developed analytical skills and high-level Excel to facilitate detailed assessments of large datasets.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including building teams and working collaboratively.
Living and working in the Region
Located just five hours' drive west of Brisbane on the QLD-NSW border, Balonne Shire Council has a dedicated team of 80+ staff and population of 4,500 people who live in the surrounding towns of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi and Hebel.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offers support for training and professional development, competitive remuneration and enviable work/life balance. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 9 March 2020