Asset Engineer - Infrastructure Planning
Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, Qld
- Work / life balance - 9-day fortnight - competitive remuneration
- Develop your career with a technically competent team
- Gatton - close to Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba
The Asset Engineer is responsible for determining Council's capital works program, asset management strategy and execution. You will have the opportunity to work on significant infrastructure projects within the Lockyer Valley Region.
Providing expert technical advice and reporting functions in the preparation and execution of capital project plans relating to civil engineering work for both construction and maintenance of Council infrastructure (including roads, footpaths, bridges and stormwater drainage).
- Undertake inspections of construction works and provide appropriate documentation and reporting.
- Infrastructure asset lifecycle management.
- Prepare project plans for maintenance and construction works.
- Asset infrastructure inspections, both routine and emergency.
- Provide information to assist in updating Council's asset management register and GIS systems.
- Provide technical advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree - Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within Local Government or related entity.
- Sound knowledge of Australian engineering standards and asset lifecycle management.
- High level communication skills (written and verbal)
Working and living in the Region
Council offers excellent working conditions, including a 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits and supports and encourages its employees with training and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 1 August 2022