Asset Accountant | Gympie
- Develop asset management framework
- Join a high performing team
- Work/life balance - only 50 mins from Noosa
The Gympie Regional Council is seeking an experienced Asset Accountant to provide specialist knowledge, advice and development of council's strategic asset management framework.
With a commitment to continuous improvement, quality assurance and best practice in financial management, the Asset Accountant will manage the asset register to support council's decisions, ensure compliance, and financial sustainability.
Qualifications, key skills and attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, business, commerce or relevant discipline
- Innovative, contemporary and flexible approach to support the changing needs of a busy organisation
- Previous experience developing asset management frameworks and improving financial processes.
- Extensive knowledge of asset financial accounting standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound organisational skills to meet demanding deadlines and deliver high quality outcomes.
Working and Living in the Region
The Gympie region is an area of beauty and diversity from Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach and the amazing coloured sands to the picturesque Mary Valley and national parks with recreation tracks and trails for those seeking adventure or nature-based activities.
How to Apply
Please download Candidate Information Package or contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 March 2021.