Accountant | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
Excellent career opportunity for an Accountant with drive, commitment and financial acumen.
Balonne Shire Council is seeking an Accountant to provide accurate and complete financial reports. The Accountant will manage Council's finances to ensure financial sustainability, asset performance and legislative compliance.
This is a newly created role for an Accountant to assist the Manager Finance Services in high quality financial reporting.
- Prepare financial and taxation reporting and drive continuous business improvements
- Manage BAS and taxation reporting
- Coordinate statistical returns and acquittals
- Prepare budgets and financial statements
- Reconcile end of year reporting
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or related field.
- Extensive knowledge in financial accounting, accounting standards, statutory reporting requirements and audit compliance.
- Sound knowledge of the disciplines of strategic asset management relevant to local government infrastructure.
- Highly developed analytical skills and high-level Excel to facilitate detailed assessments of large datasets.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offers support for training and professional development, competitive remuneration and work/life balance. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243
Applications close: 5pm Monday 30 November 2020.