Accountant | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
Coordinate financial reporting for major grant programs in the Balonne Shire
Balonne Shire Council is seeking an Accountant to coordinate financial reporting for projects that benefit the local community. This is a newly created role for an Accountant to assist the Manager Finance Services and drive continuous business improvements. The key focus is to improve council financial reporting and ensure financial sustainability, asset performance and legislative compliance.
Opportunities and challenges
- embed a new Synergy software system
- gain a career development opportunity as the Acting Manager Finance services during periods of leave
- participate in council projects and major grant programs including:
- grant funding and special rate schemes for the Wild Dog Exclusion Projects
- digital connectivity projects
- library innovation hub
- regional university projects
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or related field
- extensive knowledge in financial accounting, accounting standards, statutory reporting requirements and audit compliance
- sound knowledge of the disciplines of strategic asset management relevant to local government infrastructure
- high-level analytical skills and proficiency in Excel to facilitate detailed assessments
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offers support for training and professional development, competitive remuneration and work/life balance. It’s time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Please download the for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243
Applications close 5pm Monday 14 December 2020.