Lockyer Valley Regional Council has an opportunity for an experienced civil Works Coordinator to join their team. This role is fulltime, initially for a fixed term - 12 Months. You will have demonstrated experience in a similar position with the ability to motivate and develop your workforce in achieving Council's key values and performance culture.
The successful applicant will have good communication skills supported by considerable knowledge and expertise in roads, drainage and stormwater construction and maintenance. You will have a strong focus on safety with the ability to manage and schedule plant and resources in delivering efficient and cost-effective services for the local community.
- Supervising two capital works Crews
- Assigning of plant and resources for projects and maintenance programs
- Improving and maintaining compliant processes
- Planning, organising, controlling, monitoring and reporting to ensure priorities and timeframes are met within budget and all work is undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- Investigate and report on maintenance and construction issues in response to requests through the Customer Request system.
- Ensure maintenance of Asset Registers and 'as constructed' drawings
- Lead a strong safety focus for all works
Required Experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role within Local Government or private sector
- Leadership capability in roads and drainage construction and Maintenance works
- Sound written and verbal communication skills including ability to liaise with wider community
- Extensive experience and knowledge of construction and maintenance practices of local government and/or the Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR).
- C Class Qld driver's License
- A 30215 Queensland General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) Card
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction (Road Maintenance & Construction - desirable
- Certificate IV in Operational Works - desirable
- A current LR, MR, HR or HC Class driver's licence - desirable
While working a 9-day fortnight you will receive a generous remuneration package, including 12% Superannuation and the use of a council vehicle for commuter use. (Conditions apply) You will also be part of a progressive organisation that has strong values and commitment to developing their staff.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Council offers excellent working conditions, including 9-day fortnight and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For a detailed position description and to apply for this role, please download the Information Pack below or contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications will close on Monday 20th August 2018 at 5pm.