An exciting opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for a Works Supervisor to join the Infrastructure Works and Services team for a 3 month temporary assignment with a possibility of extension.
The main requirement of this role is to provide direct supervision to the Council's operational workforce ensuring maintenance and construction works are carried out within set timeframes, budgets and quality requirements.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Supervision of maintenance/construction works including planning, organising, controlling, monitoring and reporting
- Ensure a safe workplace and conduct site specific safety inductions.
- Investigate and report on maintenance and construction issues.
- Preparation of plans, basic cost estimates and private work quotations.
- Ensure signage used on all works is in accordance with current standards (MUTCD).
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- Working knowledge of statutory requirements and obligations relevant to construction and maintenance, in particular the Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Environmental Protection Act and the M.U.T.C.D. signing guide.
- Knowledge of road and drainage practices required to meet construction and maintenance standards and techniques.
The following qualifications, practical experience and Licenses
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision and/or previous experience with the construction and maintenance practices of both Queensland Main Roads and Local Government Authorities.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience working in a similar role.
- A 30215 Queensland General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) Card.
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
Leading Roles are offering an excellent remuneration package dependant on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key service that this position provides to the Council and community of the Lockyer Valley.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Bernard Maude - Leading Roles Talent Consultant 0455 528 779.
Applications will close on Tuesday 29th January 2019 at 5pm and time is of the essence and we encourage suitable applicants to express their interest as soon as possible.