Water Services Leading Hand | Burdekin Shire Council
An outstanding opportunity is available to join Burdekin Shire Council as the Water Services Leading Hand. You will work as part of the broader water and wastewater team providing installation and maintenance plumbing services for the Burdekin regional community.
Strong tradesman skills and knowledge in water and sewerage reticulation works, and a focus on teamwork and customer service are essential to be successful in this role. The successful candidate will be provided with career advancement opportunities while working within an organisation that supports and values its people and is committed to providing quality services to the local community.
Council is seeking an individual who wants to grow and commit to the role and organisation for the long term.
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, wastewater and plumbing applications
- Participate in on call roster, including attending afterhours call outs and emergency works
- Have a strong focus on workplace health and safety
- Water asset monitoring and reporting
- Provide direction and support to supporting staff and contractors
- Be an advocate of teamwork and council's customer service standards
Experience and Qualifications:
- QBCC Plumbing and Drainage license including plumbing and drainage trade certificate (Council will contribute to annual costs of maintaining license) or Certificate III in Water Operations
- C Class driver's license
- MR license - desirable (not essential)
- Significant experience in plumbing, water and wastewater infrastructure installation and maintenance
- Experience in the construction of water pipelines and gravity sewer lines
- Considerable experience in the determination of water services locations and service protection
- General induction White Card (Safety)
- All relevant competencies previously gained will be highly regarded. (confined space, working at heights, first aid etc)
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that is considerably enhanced through overtime and on call work, including up to 12% superannuation (Conditions apply). You will be provided with a trade vehicle for business and commuter use and be supported in your career growth and training while working for an organisation, who values its people.
How to apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close on Monday 28 September 2020 - 5.00pm.