Utility Services Manager | Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- Strategic management of water, sewerage and waste services
- Team leadership of a competent utilities team
- Professional development opportunities - Learn from the best
The Utility Services Manager leads the delivery of water, sewerage and waste services for the Hinchinbrook Shire Council. This is a key role within Hinchinbrook Shire Council's leadership management team, driving innovation, new initiatives and projects for the local community.
As the Utility Services Manager, you will lead strategy and operations of Council's utility services (water, sewerage and waste) with a focus on service quality, continuous improvement, safety, environmental performance and financial sustainability.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Provide technical expertise, leadership and development for the entire water, sewerage and waste operational team.
- Work directly with the current manager as he transitions to retirement, enabling effective handover and knowledge transfer of operational networks and systems.
- Encourage innovation and creativity in service planning and delivery.
- Contribute as the technical leader of the long-term strategy and continued development of council's water, sewerage and waste assets and services.
- Build positive working relationships with regulatory bodies and government departments.
- Prepare and manage budgets for capital and maintenance works programs.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Collaborative approach and interpersonal people management skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Chemical Engineering or qualifications relevant to the position requirements.
- Substantial experience in a similar role.
- Experience managing, coaching and leading staff across training, rostering and workplace health and safety functions.
A great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 20 September 2021.