The Charters Towers Regional Council is offering an exciting opportunity for a Team Member.
This is a Full-time limited tenure position for 12 months.
The main requirement of this role is to undertake a broad range of tasks that contribute to the Council's Infrastructure Services Capital Works and Maintenance programs.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Undertake a broad range of tasks that contribute to the maintenance and/or construction work on roads and drainage projects.
- Carry out manual labour duties and operate plant (qualified to operate) as required.
- Maintain any plant assigned in a safe and satisfactory condition, including appropriate reporting of defects and daily completion of pre-start and other safety checks.
Essential selection criteria includes;
- Possession and maintenance of a C class drivers licence.
- Possession of General Safety Induction Certificate (Construction Industry) "White Card".
- Knowledge and experience in general road maintenance and construction activities.
- Basic mechanical knowledge, including the ability to conduct routine mechanical pre-start and other safety checks on plant items.
- Experience within a Local Government environment.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The Council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, and the construction and expansion of military facilities throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click on the link below to download the Information Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243. Please use the Apply Now button to lodge your application.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th July 2018 at 5pm.