Douglas Shire Council has an opening for a Team Leader Resource Management. This is a newly created position to provide leadership and organisational skills to the Resource Management Team.
The initial focus for this position will be to coordinate the Council's waste and recycling operations including contract development, tendering and contract management to ensure quality control and compliance.
- Development, implementation and review of Douglas Shire Council's Waste Management Strategy
- Contract management and contractor supervision
- Promoting and facilitating Council's waste, environmental and sustainability strategies and policies.
- Coordinating planning and preparing procurement and tender documents, proposal evaluations, and contract execution.
- Representing Council in external forums including LAWMAC, FNQROC and LGAQ
Essential qualifications and required experience
- Tertiary qualification in science/ engineering including waste management and or significant experience with diverse practice in providing operational and management services in the waste and recycling field.
- A detailed knowledge of waste and recycling practices and the operational aspects of the waste and recycling sector.
- Sound knowledge of legislation relating to the operation of waste facilities and the provision of Council waste and recycling services.
- Proven ability to supervise contracts and negotiate with contractors and industry representatives
Team fit will be critical to success in this role, and Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
The Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications for this position will close on Monday 5 November 2018 at 5 pm.