Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Senior Finance Officer will provide assistance and support to the Manager Finance Services in managing council's finances to ensure financial sustainability, sound financial planning, management of financial risks and financial reporting. The role will complete the day to day operational requirements of council's financial services and maintenance of council's financial systems.
This permanent role is an ideal opportunity to join an organisation that values customer service excellence and provides career growth, while working in a cohesive team environment.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Progress your career within Local Government
- Delivering a broad range of financial services across all council departments
- Be part of a professional and supportive work group
- Gain a broad / diverse range of skills
- Being a smaller council, staff have to multi skill / multi task
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ability to cover other roles / tasks within council
- Work a 19 day month (Optional)
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (including 17.5% leave loading)
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in completing financial reporting requirements (Monthly and Annual)
- A sound understanding of budget and financial statement preparation
- Maintaining computerised financial systems including general ledger, budget ledger and asset register
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office applications with high level competency in Excel
- Experience with Civica's Practical Plus Computer Systems (PCS) and MAGIQ would be advantageous
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or other related field and/or significant practical experience
- Previous Local Government experience - very desirable
- Current C Class open drivers' licence
Council is offering professional stimulation, growth and opportunity, and an excellent remuneration package.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the requirements of the position as outlined in the position description and the information pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
The application period for this role closes on Monday 13th May 2019 at 5pm.