Senior Finance Officer - South West Queensland
- Financial reporting, reconciliations and budget preparation
- Assist the financial services team in a professional, supportive environment
- Contract opportunity, accommodation provided
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced finance professional for our local government client in South West Queensland. Reporting to the Manager Finance Services, the Senior Finance Officer provides financial and administrative support to the finance team in managing financial sustainability, planning and reporting and financial risk management.
With a focus on financial reconciliations, the Senior Finance Officer will contribute to a range of transactional finance activities, complete day-to-day operational and maintenance requirements of financial services, assist with financial reporting and support continuous improvements of financial systems.
This is a minimum 3-month contract with possible extension and accommodation provided.
- Complete tax processes including BAS and FBT returns and fuel credit returns within required timelines
- Prepare and complete end-of-month reports for bank reconciliations, statistical returns, acquittals and journals
- Assist in the development of the annual Operating and Capital Budget component of the Annual Business Plan.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or related field and significant practical experience
- Experience completing financial reporting requirements
- Sound understanding of budget and financial statement preparation
- Experience maintaining computerised financial systems including general ledger, budget ledger and asset register
- Ability to multi-task and plan efficiently to meet competing timelines
- Previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.