Senior Engineer Drainage
Fraser Coast Regional Council l Hervey Bay, Qld
- Lead stormwater and catchment studies
- Support future growth and sustainable development of the region
- Great location and generous remuneration package with vehicle
Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking a Senior Engineer Drainage to provide technical advice on drainage, flooding, planning and environmental issues and develop a program for stormwater and catchment management.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Engineering Services, the Senior Engineer Drainage will research, develop and evaluate strategic options for catchment management, hydraulic modelling, specification, and delivery of sustainable infrastructure planning. With a collaborative and enthusiastic approach, the Senior Engineer Drainage will build constructive relationships with community and development industry stakeholders to support future growth of the region.
- Lead the stormwater and catchment team and promote best practice service standards.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on drainage, flooding, planning and environmental issues.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of the capital works program for drainage including design and project management.
- Research and monitor the external environment to identify drainage and flooding issues.
Qualifications and attributes
- Tertiary qualifications (AQF level 7 or above) in civil engineering with a focus on drainage.
- Previous experience in a similar role in local government or private sector.
- Strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement capability.
- RPEQ or eligible to apply.
From UNESCO-listed Fraser Island and the seaside retreats of the Great Sandy Strait to the heritage streetscapes of Maryborough and rich farmlands of Tiaro, the Fraser Coast is one of Queensland's oldest, yet fastest growing regions with a diverse and vibrant lifestyle.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25 October 2021.