This is a key Senior role in the Strategic Asset Performance team responsible for investigating and resolving asset issues and developing and designing asset solutions for Gladstone Regional Council that balance whole of life costs with customer function requirements to ensure maximum value can be obtained from Council assets. Our solutions also need to be safe and minimise harm to the natural environment.
You will be required to provide expert engineering advice and innovative ideas around Gladstone's roads, earthworks and structures. You will work on various projects, supported by other senior engineers as well as assist with building capability in less experienced engineers.
- Build innovation, capability and skills in Civil design and constructability of assets
- Mentor and act as a role manager for younger engineers
- Project manage internal stakeholders and external consultants where necessary to meet program deadlines
- Promote a customer centric approach to asset solutions, ensuring high satisfaction and efficient service delivery
Required Experience and Qualification
- Extensive experience in Civil Engineering and design
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) accreditation
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.