The Senior Engineer - Asset Solutions is a key senior role in the Strategic Asset Performance team responsible for investigating and resolving asset issues and developing and designing asset solutions for Gladstone Regional Council that balance whole of life costs with customer function requirements to ensure maximum value can be obtained from Council assets. Our solutions also need to be safe and minimise harm to the natural environment.
You will also be required to provide innovative ideas around the replacement of Gladstone's aging water and wastewater assets. You will provide specialised design expertise, and input into Council asset, investigations and with an interest in mentoring less experienced engineers who will be looking for a leadership pathway opportunity.
- Build capacity and skills in design development and asset solutions
- Customer centric approach to asset solutions incorporating innovation to minimise impacts, increase value and reduce costs to serve
- Provide strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Mentor and act as a role model for less experienced engineers
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive experience in water and wastewater engineering
- Degree in Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) Certification
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.