- Your specialist design skills will create important solutions for TRC
- Council focussed on strong economies, vibrant communities & planning
- Contribute to the region, innovate and improve Civil Projects execution
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced Senior Design Technician to form part of a growing team, producing quality, economical designs for various medium-to-large civil projects within the Tablelands Regional Council area.
You will be a specialist in your field, adept at engaging with Engineers, Surveyors and Investigating Teams as well as external stakeholders and with a willingness to create design related solutions that contribute to achieving the long-term objectives of Council.
The Senior Design Technician will be forward-thinking and a team player with the ability to liaise at all levels whilst representing Tablelands Regional Council in a professional manner. Your team is supportive and social and you will enjoy learning from a range of peers who have varied experiences and roles within the project space.
- Prepare design concepts construction drawings, estimates and specifications for Council Works projects which demonstrate innovation and an in depth knowledge of Council objectives
- Provide general and/or technical assistance across other departments within Council
- Supervise the updating and maintenance of master records, plans and statistical data.
- Undertake field work for council works and projects including onsite technical advice for construction staff.
- Attend to complaints, queries and other matters associated with design service activities. Undertake activities which required sound judgement and skills where procedures are not clearly defined.
- Supervise design staff on moderately complex technical projects in line with council objectives.
- Liaise with service and government authorities for coordination and location of services.
- Oversee cadetship training requirements.
- Follow reasonable directives to maintain critical business activities in the event of an unplanned disruption, including but not limited to a disaster
Skills and Experience
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated high level efficiency in the use of CAD & 12D Design software
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport. The Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the region and make a difference to the way in which Civil Projects are completed and rolled out.
For further information, download the Information Pack for this role from www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/ or contact Kelly-Ann Lynch at Leading Roles on 0425 343 293
The application period will close at 5pm Monday 9th July 2018