Senior Design Engineer | Cook Shire Council | Cooktown, Far North Qld
Lead the project pipeline for civil design in the Cook region.
Leading Roles is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to develop design concepts for roads, drainage, water and wastewater infrastructure projects for Cook Shire Council.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer who is looking for a generous remuneration package including 12% superannuation, relocation expenses, professional development and a vehicle (conditions apply). Cook Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture with a smoke free environment.
- Developing project scopes, detailed design concepts and efficient cost estimates for civil engineering related services.
- Preparing detailed documentation for tender and construction.
- Managing design and other pre-construction activities including quality control and quality assurance.
- Ensuring civil projects are delivered within agreed budgets, timeframes and service level frameworks.
- Providing and delivering design in accordance with the FNQROC Development Manual, Transport and Main Roads Manuals and Specifications, and Australian Standards.
- Drafting and modelling using AutoCAD and 12D software.
- Providing expert advice in the provision of design services and working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to deliver quality outcomes.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Tertiary Civil Engineering Qualifications relevant to the position
- Demonstrated experience in urban and rural designs of stormwater drainage design, road design, water and wastewater infrastructure design, cost estimates and specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of both 12D Model and AutoCAD
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the application of the relevant design standards (e.g. Austroads, IPWEAQ, DTMR, QUDM, FNQROC)
- Experience in delivering design projects through all project phases, from initiation (strategic/concept phase) to completion of the design.
Working and living in the Region
Cooktown is ideal for those seeking a sea change and enviable lifestyle in tropical North Queensland. Historic Cooktown became a thriving port during the gold rush era, but these days locals enjoy the ambience of tree-lined streetscapes and graceful, well-preserved architecture. The fishing in Cooktown is world-renowned with the Cooktown River and offshore reefs yielding barramundi, coral trout and black marlin. Join a dynamic team and progressive council to help shape the future development of Cook Shire.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell 0407 164 600.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 6th July 2020.