Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Senior Civil Designer for Tablelands Regional Council has a leading role in producing high quality designs for a broad range of medium to large civil engineering projects.
The role requires a forward-thinking team player with the ability to liaise at all levels, representing Council in a professional manner.
Your design skills will enhance Council's internal capabilities and allow the opportunity for exposure to an array of design projects.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Producing design concepts, construction drawings, estimates and specifications for a wide variety of civil projects using 12D, AutoCAD and other design software;
- Managing design projects from end to end; and
- Deliver the design program for the Projects and Technical Services section and other departments as required.
- Demonstrated high level efficiency in the use of CAD & 12D Design software is essential; and
- Experience in turning paths and drainage design would be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Alternatively, the ability to attain an Associate Degree within two years of appointment would be desirable; and
- Substantial experience as a Civil Designer.
Tablelands Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 15th July 2019.