Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced Facilities Advisor to join their team in Atherton, Queensland.
This is a key role within the organisation that will see you responsible for the operation, maintenance and general safety of Council owned and/or controlled buildings. This position is also responsible for Council's asset (facilities) data management and maintenance systems, and for project management of capital works with regards to Council facilities.
The role of Senior Advisor Facilities is an opportunity to lead a medium sized team and grow your expertise in facilities management while working within an organisation that is committed to the needs of the local community. You will have a strong safety focus and demonstrated capabilities in overall facilities management processes, along with qualifications to support your experience.
- Supervising a cross functional team;
- Develop your skills and experience in facilities management;
- Input to the implementation and management of maintenance management systems;
- Project Management activity;
- Long term position with the ability to progress;
- Budget management; and
- Contribute to the development of forward planning for Council and community facilities.
Role Requirements are:
- Managing a cross functional team;
- Contractor management;
- Oversee the acquisition, audit, disposal and maintenance of physical assets;
- A sound understanding of relevant industry standards and safety requirements;
- Take a planned approach to your projects while remaining outcomes focused;
- Significant experience in facility management practices for a complex organisation; and
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including the general community.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Relevant tertiary and or trade qualifications or appropriate training and experience in facility management.
- C Class manual drivers' licence.
Council is offering a competitive salary package with good opportunities to develop your facilities management career within a supportive and diverse work environment.
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland. Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell at Leading Roles on 0407 164 600.
The application period will close at 5pm, Monday 12 November 2018.