RMPC Supervisor Roads | Balonne Shire Council
St George, Qld
- Looking to take the next step in your civil construction career?
- If you would like to work for a progressive local government organisation and be supported in your career development, we want to hear from you!
The RMPC (Road Maintenance Performance Contract) Supervisor Roads is a key role within the Council's Infrastructure Services team, responsible for coordinating the maintenance of state-controlled roads within the Balonne region. The focus is to identify existing safety/environmental defects and potential issues in the road network, prioritise works using contract intervention levels and DTMR's requirements and undertake subsequent necessary remedial measures.
Council is seeking applications from individuals who have a genuine desire to live and work in the local region, with experience in a similar role or be at a stage in your career to advance to a supervisory level.
Key Duties and Opportunities:
- Manage Council's contract for day-to-day RMPC maintenance works
- Lead and be an advocate of safety, quality and environmental procedures
- Liaise with DTMR officers and promote positive working relationships
- Assist in the supervision of labour, plant and resources to ensure works are completed efficiently, within budget and to a high-quality
- Assist in the preparation of reports and claims for DTMR
- Become an integral member of the Balonne SC work force in a leadership role
- Work independently while being supported by a professional civil works team
- Be supported in your personal development and career growth
- Work a 9-day fortnight, 5 weeks annual leave PA
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role or demonstrated desire and capability to advance your capabilities to a supervisory level
- Cert III in Civil Construction
- White card (Construction industry safety card)
- C class open, manual driver's license
- Cert IV in Civil Construction - very desirable
- Any other qualifications relevant to role - desirable
- Previous use of Reflect technology would be advantageous or ability to quickly acquire
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
Council is offering professional stimulation, growth and opportunity, and an industry competitive remuneration package that includes the use of a fully maintained vehicle for commuter use, in addition to significant salary sacrificing and regional location benefits.
The Balonne Shire is located in south-west Queensland, about 500km from Brisbane. The Shire is home to seven riverside communities known for their friendly locals and relaxed country lifestyle. Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a river change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 28th September 2020.