Rates Officer - West Moreton, Queensland
- Work for a local government organisation that empowers its employees
- 3-month interim role with possibility of extension
- An opportunity to work in a role that makes a difference in the community
Leading Roles is seeking an Interim Rates Officer for a minimum three-month contract, with the possibility of extension. As the interim Rates Officer you will be responsible for providing support to the Finance Operations Team to ensure the efficient operation of the Finance Branch of the Council.
- Undertake administrative functions with a high level of confidentiality
- Issue rates levy notices and supplementary notices where required
- Prepare correspondence, take counter inquiries and phone calls regarding rates
- Maintain accurate computer records
- Process split valuation issues
- Participate in rates valuations
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role or an understanding of basic accounting principles and an ability to learn
- Sound ability in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills are essential and previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.