Charters Towers Regional Council is seeking a Quality Assurance Officer to drive the achievements of the Infrastructure Services objectives through the delivery of quality assurance programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Council who is on the cusp of a wide variety of resources, residential and commercial development opportunities.
The Quality Assurance Officer role will provide career opportunities in a Council team that prides themselves on Exceptional services for an Exceptional Community. The role will work across a variety of projects in urban and rural Roads Construction and Maintenance.
- Providing Quality Assurance services to the infrastructure services directorate
- Chair management review committees.
- Explore options around extending the Quality Assurance system to other areas within Council's organisation.
- Consult and collaborate with Infrastructure Services senior management team in planning, organisation and implementation of the Program of Works.
- Provide high quality professional and technical advice relating to roads construction and maintenance.
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders to ensure effective use, and maintenance of, the overall integrated management system.
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant areas of quality assurance and improvement principals and systems, and their application to Roads Construction and Maintenance activities.
- Experience in and ability to develop, monitor, implement and evaluate Quality Assurance policies and procedures for Roads Construction and Maintenance projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental and risk management systems.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, either individually or as part of a small team.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Certificate IV Civil Construction or Soil Testing (or ability to undertake), and/or demonstrated experience in Quality Management.
- C Class Drivers Licence.
- Possession of a General Safety Induction Certificate (Construction Industry) "Blue/White Card".
- Previous experience in Local Government or in the Roads construction industry.
- Experience around Quality Assurance in either Local Government or in Roads Construction.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
Council is committed to an organisation culture of innovation, customer service, accountability, respect and excellence and ensure all candidates uphold these values in deliver of programs and works to its community.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates. Working conditions include;
- 19 Day Working Month
- 15 Days Personal Leave
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Staff Development and training
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Please download the Information Pack for this role below or for a confidential discussion please contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610.
The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd July 2018 at 5pm.