Project Manager - Infrastructure | Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council Far North Queensland
Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council has a wide variety of infrastructure projects in scope and is seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager to manage the planning and delivery of significant capital works across the region.
- Hone your project management expertise in a supportive work environment.
- Package includes subsidised housing and utilities and annual family travel allowance.
- Indigenous and cultural heritage region.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage a wide variety of infrastructure projects, utilising project management methodology, including governance and risk management.
- Play a key role in the future development and prosperity of the NPARC region.
- Provide an Interface between projects and the operational areas of Council to ensure positive project outcomes.
Working with a collaborative team, this role offers excellent personal and professional development opportunities and a remuneration package with significant employee benefits.
Skills, attributes and qualifications
- Relevant experience managing capital projects (plan, concept design, community consultation and engagement).
- Professional tertiary qualifications in project management, engineering, or a similar discipline or a recognised trade qualification, and/or significant experience in a similar role.
- Well-developed consultation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office software, particularly MS Project, Word and Excel.
The 'tip' of Australia is a renowned adventure destination for 4WD enthusiasts, grey nomads, fishing charters, wildlife buffs and beach goers alike. The landscape offers rainforests teeming with wildlife, rivers, estuaries and stunning beaches stretching as far as the eye can see. The region also has a busy social calendar of local sporting and cultural events.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 28 March 2022.