Project Manager (Infrastructure) | Temporary role | 12 months, Cooktown, North Qld
Manage the delivery of capital works and infrastructure projects in the Cooktown region.
The Project Manager (Infrastructure) will effectively manage the design and construction of high-profile civil projects for Cook Shire Council.
Reporting to the Manager Engineering, the Project Manager (Infrastructure) will supervise a professional team and work closely with multiple stakeholders to achieve high-quality outcomes without exceeding budget.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Manage infrastructure projects at various stages of life cycle, including drainage, roads, wastewater, development of industrial estates, airport upgrade, community projects (design & construction)
- Manage contracts and contractors to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Conduct regular project team meetings to facilitate communication and accurate reporting
- Supervise and mentor a professional team to ensure a culture where workplace health and safety complies with council corporate policies and procedures.
Required knowledge, qualifications and experience include;
- Tertiary qualifications in project management and/or Civil Engineering, with at least five years' relevant experience in the construction industry, preferably in a local government environment or related entity. Demonstrated experience in construction procedures, project management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience and a detailed knowledge of contract preparation, administration and supervision.
- Knowledge and ability to apply contract law to Council's contract management practices.
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and self-manage to achieve targets within set timeframes.
- Current "C" Class Queensland Drivers License
Cooktown is ideal for those seeking a sea change and culturally diverse community. Historic Cooktown became a thriving port during the gold rush era after it was discovered by Captain James Cook. These days, locals and tourists alike enjoy the ambience of tree-lined streetscapes and graceful, well-preserved architecture. The fishing in Cooktown is world-renowned with the Cooktown River and offshore reefs yielding barramundi, coral trout and black marlin.
Leading Roles is offering a competitive hourly rate with a view to commencement as soon as possible.
Click Apply Now to submit your application.